Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Spring 2011 Trends









70s Glamor

Just as the '50s and '60s are back, so too are particular elements of the '70s. There are two main aesthetics: '70s bohemian, and '70s sophisticated glamour. When it comes to the latter, think dresses that fall like shimmering water in the evening and high-waist pants with elegant blouses by day.



Lace Clothing

No, it's not new. But, like all trends that span multiple seasons, it has evolved. Lace influences for Spring 2011 are more to the classic side with quality antique-style fabrics the key to the trend. Less of the allover, stretch lace and more of the unique takes.





Stripes

Stripes are a dominant part of any spring / summer season, though usually, year on year, featuring a variation on the theme. Spring 2011 sees stripes with an unsurprising nautical dominance - but it's a dominance inspired by other key Spring 2011 fashion trends.






Tail Hems

They've been seen as an alternative to the summer mini skirt or maxi dress for sometime, and for spring / summer 2011 'tail hems' continue their reign as the more interesting alternative to both.




~Hope everyone is doing great! Today since there is LOTS and LOTS of snow in Ohio we had our second snow day! Which I am veryy okay with ;) heh. I decided to just stay home and study for exams next week! I also baked some yummy cookies! Mmm, if you're looking for a strange oatmeal cookie with a GREAT TWIST, just ask ;D.
-Hope everyone has a nice night!
Yours Truly, Nicolette♥

10 comments:

  1. Oh I love those trends :) My favourite is.. ummm are.. um the 70's glamour and the stripes.

    Did you baked cookies? I'm so jelous!! :P

    See you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post is really informative !
    thanks for sharing about the trend.
    you can do no wrong with stripes !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the commenter right above mine. This post really is informative! I also am having my second snow day! Snow days are great!! great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice :) I'm all about the 70's trend! Love it! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice post! love the stripes - trend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. good post!!xx

    www.zscloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous14.1.11

    Love your post! You have a nice blog, (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel like the 50's and 60's are back too, especially now for spring:) like the 70's trend too

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy that lace is still IN! I would probably wear them anyways. In fact, even if floral isn't on the list, I promise you, I'll be wearing floral forever. I love the 70's trend! I'm excited for spring!

    ReplyDelete

Please Do Leave Your Mark On My Blog! :)